- O. Can Görür, Benjamin Rosman, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “FABRIC: A Framework for the Design and Evaluation of Collaborative Robots with Extended Human Adaptation,” ACM Transactions on Human-Robot Interaction, Just Accepted (March 2023).
- Weijia Shao, Sahin Albayrak, “Adaptive Zeroth-Order Optimisation of Nonconvex Composite Objectives“, International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization, and Data Science (LOD), September 2022.
- Theodore Evans, Christian Geißler, Carl Orge Retzlaff, et al., “The Explainability Paradox: Challenges for xAI in Digital Pathology,” Elsevier Future Generation Computer Systems Journal, Volume 133, August 2022, Pages 281-296, August 2022.
- Weijia Shao, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Optimistic Optimisation of Composite Objective with Exponentiated Update,” Springer Machine Learning Journal, August 2022.
- Thomas Geithner, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Joint Link Rate Selection and Adaptive Forward Error Correction for High-Rate Wireless Multicast,” IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society, vol. 3, pp. 830-846, 2022.
- Umuralp Kaytaz, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Competitive Learning for Unsupervised Anomaly Detection in Intelligent Transportation Systems,” IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 2022.
- Weijia Shao, Lukas Friedemann Radke, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Adaptive Online Learning for the Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average Models,” Mathematics, 9(13):1523, 2021.
- Doruk Sahinel, Cem Akpolat, Can Görür, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Human Modeling and Interaction in Cyber-Physical Systems: A Reference Framework,” Elsevier Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 59, pp. 367-385, 2021.
- Umuralp Kaytaz, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Hierarchical Deep Reinforcement Learning based Dynamic RAN Slicing for 5G V2X,” IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), December 2021.
- Xuan-Thuy Dang, Ricardo Knauer, Sebastian Peters and Fikret Sivrikaya, “A Converged Cloud-Fog Architecture for Future eHealth Applications,” The Sixth International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC 2021), Gandia, Spain, December 6-9, 2021.
- Sebastian Peters, Fikret Sivrikaya, Xuan-Thuy Dang, “SEP4CAM – A Simulative / Emulative Platform for C-V2X Application Development in Cross-Border and Cross-Domain Environments,” IEEE/ACM 25th International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT), September 2021.
- Can Görür, Xin Yu, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Integrating Predictive Maintenance in Adaptive Process Scheduling for a Safe and Efficient Industrial Process,” Applied Sciences Journal, 11(11):5042, 2021.
- Ogün Yurdakul, Andreas Meyer, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Forecasting Daily Primary Three-Hour Net Load Ramps in the CAISO System,” 52nd North American Power Symposium, 2021.
- Ogün Yurdakul, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “A Distributionally Robust Optimization Approach to Unit Commitment in Microgrids,” IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2021.
- Xuan-Thuy Dang, Sebastian Peters, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Integrated Service Discovery and Placement in Information-Centric Vehicular Network Slices,” IEEE 93rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC’2021), April 2021.
- Ogün Yurdakul, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Kullback-Leibler Divergence-Based Distributionally Robust Unit Commitment Under Net Load Uncertainty,” IEEE PowerTech Madrid, 2021.
- Jing Yuan, Christian Geissler, Weijia Shao, Andreas Lommatzsch, Brijnesh Jain, “When algorithm selection meets Bi-linear Learning to Rank: accuracy and inference time trade off with candidates expansion,” International Journal of Data Science and Analytics, October 2020.
- Ogun Yurdakul, Fatih Eser, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Very Short-Term Power System Frequency Forecasting,” IEEE Access Journal, vol. 8, pp. 141234-141245, 2020.
- Ogün Yurdakul, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Quantification of the Impact of GHG Emissions on Unit Commitment in Microgrids,” IEEE Power & Energy Society Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition: Latin America (T&D-LA), Montevideo, Uruguay, 2020.
- Jan Timo Meyer, Louis-Andre Agrofoglio, Joris Clement, Qiyi Liu, Ogün Yurdakul, Sahin Albayrak, “Multi-Objective Residential Electricity Scheduling Based on LSTM Forecasted Generation and Demand,” IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe (ISGT-Europe), The Hague, The Netherlands, October 2020.
- Lisette ten Boske, Tobias Gunneberg, Jonathan Rau, Ogun Yurdakul, Sahin Albayrak, “A Novel Energy Management System for Solar Electric Vehicles,” IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe (ISGT-Europe), The Hague, The Netherlands, October 2020.
- Thomas Geithner, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Transmission Rate Sampling and Selection for Reliable Wireless Multicast,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, Vol. 2020, Article ID 8850198, 22 pages, 2020.
- Pengchao Wei, Samira Vogt, Danyang Wang, Raul Elizondo Gonzalez, Ogun Yurdakul, Sahin Albayrak, “A Novel Energy Management System for Cruise Ships Including Forecasting via LSTM,” IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe (ISGT-Europe), The Hague, The Netherlands, October 2020.
- Cagdas Esiyok, Ayhan Askin, Aliye Tosun, Sahin Albayrak, “Novel Hands-Free Interaction Techniques based on the Software Switch Approach for Computer Access with Head Movements,” Journal of Universal Access in the Information Society, 2020.
- Xuan-Thuy Dang, Fikret Sivrikaya “A Lightweight Policy-aware Broker for Multi-domain Network Slice Composition,” IEEE 23rd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN 2020), Paris, France, pp. 123-130, February 2020.
- Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, Defu Lian, “International Workshop on Model Selection and Parameter Tuning in Recommender Systems,” Proceedings of the 28th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, pp. 2999–3000, November 2019.
- Cagdas Esiyok and Sahin Albayrak, “SITbench 1.0: A Novel Switch-Based Interaction Technique Benchmark,” Journal of Healthcare Engineering, vol. 2019, Article ID 5075163, August 2019.
- Weijia Shao, Christian Geißler, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Graduated Optimisation of Black-Box Functions,” 6th ICML Workshop on Automated ML, collocated with International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Long Beach, USA, June 14-15, 2019.
- Orhan Can Görür, Benjamin Rosman, Sahin Albayrak, “Anticipatory Bayesian Policy Selection for Online Adaptation of Collaborative Robots to Unknown Human Types,” Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and MultiAgent Systems (AAMAS’19), Montreal QC, Canada, May 13-17, 2019.
- Doruk Sahinel, Cem Akpolat, Orhan Can Görür, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Integration of Human Actors in IoT and CPS Landscape,” IEEE 5th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), Limerick, Ireland, 15-18 April 2019.
- Fikret Sivrikaya, Nizar Ben-Sassi, Xuan-Thuy Dang, O. Can Görür, and Christian Kuster, “Internet of Smart City Objects: A Distributed Framework for Service Discovery and Composition,” IEEE Access Journal, Vol. 7, pp. 14434-14454, 2019.
- Xuan-Thuy Dang, Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Fikret Sivrikaya, “An Autonomous Service-Oriented Orchestration Framework for Software Defined Mobile Networks”, 22nd IEEE Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN), Paris, France, Feb. 19-21, 2019.
- Cagdas Esiyok, Ayhan Askin, Aliye Tosun & Sahin Albayrak, “Software switches: novel hands-free interaction techniques for quadriplegics based on respiration–machine interaction,” Springer Journal of Universal Access in the Information Society, Feb. 2019.
- Nizar Ben-Sassi, Xuan-Thuy Dang, Johannes Fähndrich, Orhan-Can Görür, Christian Kuster, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Service Discovery and Composition in Smart Cities”, 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAISE 2018), Tallinn, Estonia, 11-15 June 2018.
- Doruk Sahinel, Cem Akpolat, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “An Agent-Based Network Resource Management Concept for Smart City Services”, IEEE/IFIP Wireless On-demand Network systems and Services Conference (WONS 2018), Isola, France, 6-8 February 2018.
- Xuan-Thuy Dang, Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Sebastian Peters, Tobias Dorsch, “Realization of Handover Management in SDNized 3GPP Architecture with Protocol Independent Forwarding”, IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days Conference, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 3-5 April, 2018.
- Thomas Geithner, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Adaptive Reliable Multicast in 802.11 Networks”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2018), Barcelona, Spain, 15-18 April 2018.
- Orhan Can Görür, Benjamin Rosman, Fikret Sivrikaya, Sahin Albayrak, “Social Cobots: Anticipatory Decision-Making for Collaborative Robots Incorporating Unexpected Human Behaviors”, ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human Robot Interaction, 2018.
- Cem Bila, Fikret Sivrikaya, Manzoor A. Khan, Sahin Albayrak, “Vehicles of the Future: A Survey of Research on Safety Issues,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Volume:18, Issue:5, May 2017.
- Cem Akpolat, Doruk Sahinel, Fikret Sivrikaya, Grzegorz Lehmann, Sahin Albayrak, “CHARIOT: An IoT Middleware for the Integration of Heterogeneous Entities in a Smart Urban Factory,” Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCIS) 2017.
- Doruk Sahinel, Cem Akpolat, Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Fikret Sivrikaya and Sahin Albayrak, “Beyond 5G Vision for IOLITE Community,” in IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 41-47, January 2017.
- Fikret Sivrikaya, Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Cem Bila, Sahin Albayrak, “Reciprocal Impact of Autonomous Vehicles and Network Resource Management,” IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC 2017), Torino, Italy, November 27-29, 2017.
- Christian Kuster, Nils Masuch, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Toward an Interactive Mobility Assistant for Multi-Modal Transport in Smart Cities,” Proceedings of 13th International Workshop on Engineering Service-Oriented Applications and Cloud Services (WESOACS), in conjunction with ICSOC, Málaga, Spain, Springer, November, 2017.
- Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Sebastian Peters, Xuan Thuy Dang, Tobias Dörsch, Patrick Engelhard, “On the Approaches for Efficient Mobility Management in SDNized Wireless Networks,” International Conference on Communication and Networking (IEEE Comnet’17), Hammamet, Tunisia, 29 March – 1 April, 2017.
- Amir Matallaoui, Nizar Ben Sassi, Fikret Sivrikaya, Ruediger Zarnekow, “Augmenting the Task of Exercise Gamification: Adoption of a New Technology for Deploying Existing Virtual Environments in Virtual Urban Exergames,” 21st Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2017), Langkawi, Malaysia, 16-20 July, 2017.
- Johannes Fähndrich, Tobias Küster, Nils Masuch, “Semantic Service Management and Orchestration for Adaptive and Evolving Processes,” International Journal on Advances in Internet Technology, vol. 9, no. 3&4, pp. 75-88, 2016.
- Marco Lützenberger, Tobias Küster, Nils Masuch, Johannes Fähndrich, and Sahin Albayrak, “Multi-Agent Systems in Practice – When Research Meets Reality,” In Proceedings of the 15th International Conferences on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2016), Singapore, pp. 796-805, 2016.
- Kerem Kaynar, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Distributed Attack Graph Generation,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 519-532, Sep.-Oct. 2016.
- Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Xuan Thuy Dang, Sebastian Peters, “Preemptive flow management in future SDNized wireless networks,” Proceedings of 12th IEEE Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob 2016), New York, NY, USA, 17-19 October, 2016.
- Esra Acar Celik, Marco Lützenberger, Marius Schulz, “Intermodal Mobility Assistance for Megacities,” In: Frank Hopfgartner, editor, Smart Information Systems, pp. 345-368, 2015.
- Marco Lützenberger, Nils Masuch, Tobias Küster, Daniel Freund, Marcus Voß, Christopher-Eyk Hrabia, Denis Pozo, Johannes Fähndrich, Frank Trollmann, Jan Keiser, Sahin Albayrak, “A common approach to intelligent energy and mobility services in a smart city environment,” Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 337-350, 2015.
- Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Cloud Computing – Future of the Past,” In: Research and Applications in Global Supercomputing, published by IGI Global Publishers, 2015.
- Esra Acar Celik, Frank Hopfgartner, Sahin Albayrak, “Fusion of Learned Multi-Modal Representations and Dense Trajectories for Emotional Analysis in Videos,” Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI), 2015.
- Jing Yuan, Fikret Sivrikaya, Frank Hopfgartner, Andreas Lommatzsch, Mu Mu “Context-aware LDA: Balancing Relevance and Diversity in TV Content Recommenders,” RecsysTV Workshop, in conjunction with 9th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, Vienna, Austria, 19 Sep. 2015.
- Jan Keiser, Nils Masuch, Marco Lützenberger, Dennis Grunewald, Maximilian Kern, Frank Trollmann, Esra Acar Celik, Cigdem Avici Salma, Xuan-Thuy Dang, “IMA – An Adaptable and Dynamic Service Platform for Intermodal Mobility Assistance,” Proceedings of the 17th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2014), Qingdao, China, 2014.
- Nils Masuch, Christian Kuster, Sahin Albayrak, “Semantic Service Manager – Enabling Semantic Web Technologies in Multi-Agent Systems,” In Proceedings of the Joint Workshops on Semantic Web and Big Data Technologies, INFORMATIK’14, Stuttgart, Germany, 22-26 Sep. 2014.
- Jing Yuan, Frank Hopfgartner, Fikret Sivrikaya, Stefan Marx, “When to recommend What? A survey on the role of context factors in IP-based TV Services,” In: MindTheGap’14 Workshop, colocated with iConference’14, Berlin, Germany, 2014. (Best Paper Award)
- Rute Sofia, Paulo Mendes, Huiling Zhu, Alessandro Bogliolo, Fikret Sivrikaya, Paolo Di Francesco, “User-centric Networking: Cooperation in Wireless Networks,” Springer Book on COST-WiNeMO (Wireless Networking for Moving Objects), 2014.
- Sofiane Imadali, Arnaud Kaiser, Fikret Sivrikaya, Nadim El Sayed, Michael Boc, Witold Klaudel, Alexandru Petrescu, Vèronique Vèque, “A Review of Network Mobility Protocols For Fully Electrical Vehicles Services,” IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, vol. 6, no. 3 , Fall 2014.
- Till Plumbaum, Sascha Narr, Elif Eryilmaz, Frank Hopfgartner, Funda Klein-Ellinghaus, Anna Reese, and Sahin Albayrak, “Providing Multilingual Access to Health-Related Content,” 25th European Medical Informatics Conference (MIE 2014), Istanbul, Turkey, 1-3 Sep. 2014.
- Cagri Yilmaz, Sahin Albayrak, Marco Lützenberger, “Smart Grid Architectures and the Multi-Agent System Paradigm,” In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Smart Grids, Green Communications and IT Energy-aware Technologies, Chamonix, France, pp. 90-95, 2014.
- Esra Acar Celik, Frank Hopfgartner, Sahin Albayrak, “Detecting Violent Content in Hollywood Movies by Mid-level Audio Representations,” Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI), 2013.
- Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Fikret Sivrikaya, “Agent based autonomic network control and management,” IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (IEEE WCNC), Shanghai, China, 7-10 April 2013.
- Nils Masuch, Marco Lützenberger, Jan Keiser, and Sahin Albayrak, “An Open Extensible Platform for Intermodal Mobility Assistance,” Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, vol. 19, pp. 396-403, 2013.
- Esra Acar, “Learning representations for affective video understanding,” In Proceedings of the 21st ACM international conference on Multimedia (MM ’13). ACM, New York, NY, USA, pp. 1055-1058, 2013.
- Esra Acar, Tobias Senst, Alexander Kuhn, Ivo Keller, Holger Theisel, Sahin Albayrak, Thomas Sikora, “Human Action Recognition using Lagrangian Descriptors,” IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, Banff, Canada, 17-19 Sep. 2012.
- Seyit Ahmet Camtepe, Karsten Bsufka, Leonhard Hennig, Cihan Simsek and Sahin Albayrak, “A Framework for Automated Identification of Attack Scenarios on IT Infrastructures,” In: PIK – Praxis Der Informationsverarbeitung und Kommunikation, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 25-31, 2012.